[VORTECcruisers] k&n air cleaner

This air cleaner I'm using needs to be shortened in length to fit my fj40. I
was wondering where I can relocate the air temp sensor on the air cleaner
assembly. I need to drill a new bung so that I can relocate the air temp
sensor. My specific question is does it need to be behind the air flow
sensor (the metal assembly in the middle of the air cleaner) or can it be
relocated farther out past the air flow sensor. I want to know if it has to
be a certain distance from the engine head (so it doesn't read a hotter temp
than it should) or does it have to be located behind the air flow sensor?

Please help, I'm trying to narrow down problems with fuel/air mixture
problem.

Andrew

'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/1lFslB/TM