[VORTECcruisers] stock ammeter gauge

I want to use my stock ammeter on the gauge cluster and I’m using a painless wiring kit to try to accomplish this. I have to run a 10 guage wire to the battery that powers my whole harness but first runs through my ammeter (as per directions). However, talking to Painless on the phone they are telling me no to use the ammeter because the vortec alternator/generator can put out more than 30 amps which is what ammeters are rated at MAX.

Has anyone else tried to do this with a painless kit and a stock ammeter? I need to know if it will work ok because he said it could burn up my harness. I have already done it and started the engine and it works so far, but I don’t need a fire on my hands.

Please help

andrew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here