[VORTECcruisers] Reprogramming computer?

I have a 1983 FJ60 with a 1996 5.7L Vortec.  The problem I am encountering is when the AC is on.  The engine was originally bolted up to a automatic tranny, it is now bolted to the stock Toyota tranny. When the AC is running everytime I come to a stop the engine dies.  Is there a way I can reprogram the computer to prevent this.  If so what would it take, and would there be any other things I should do?  The computer has not been touched since the engine swap.

Thanks

J. Patrick Reedy

Truck vans and sport utility Toyota landcruiser Truck van
Moving truck van Truck and van rental Moving van truck rental

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Toyota Land Cruiser Association