[VORTECcruisers] 5.3 Wiring Harness

  • To: VORTECcruisers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [VORTECcruisers] 5.3 Wiring Harness
  • From: "seon95254" <fityate@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:05:40 -0000
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

I removed the cab and bed off a '00 GMC Sierra with a 5.3 Vortec and
4l60e transmission. I then mounted my body on it, using the Sierra
steering column along with all the OEM wiring harness. I'm now about to
re-connecting these harnesses back to the "Underhood Connector Fuse
Box" but want to eliminate un-necessay wires so here are my questions.

-  Can I just connect the C2 Engine harness on the Underhood connection
and on the other end, reconnect the harness to the steering column C201
connector.  Wouldn't this let me start the engine?

-  If I'm rewiring the body componenets, aren't the following
connections not required?
   C1: Instrument Panel Harness
   C3: Chassis Harness
   C4: Head Lamp Harness