Re: [FJ55] (no subject)

Tom,

Don't give up on it. The roof is such a simple shape, I would thing it would
be easy to cut, patch and weld. It's funny that your problem is the roof. What
do you think it's from? Coastal fog? Salt air? I used to live up the coast
from you in Gualala, and we always attributed rust to salt air. Now I live in
Connecticut, and its snow and salt on the roads. The roof is the only part of my
truck I DON'T worry about rust on. I just spent a good part of yesterday
fabbing and welding a rear fender rust repair. I just figure this is a perpetual
chore if we want to keep the pigs on the road.

Will Sampson
1972 FJ55 rolling restoration project
1968 M101-A1 cargo trailer
TLCA #16929