Re: [FJ55] (no subject)

Howdy!  I would do an oil/filter change, pull the spark plugs and fog
the cylinders with light oil or "anti-seize" spray, turn the crank
180 degrees and spray again, then ride the starter for several
minutes  with NO fuel supply or spark plugs connected,  till the oil
is up in the top of the engine.  Install new plugs, even though they
may get messy from the spray, Hook everything up, and spray a shot of
ether (cold weather starting juice) down the throat, and fire it
up.  Keep the RPM pretty low.  Run it till it is up to normal run
temp.  Shut it off.  Do an oil and filter change, check spark plugs
to see if they are clean and dry, if not then replace.  They aren't
that much $$$.  I did just this, and my 5 year stored 350 zoomed back
to life.  It's still running after 200,000 miles, and 12 years in my
Piggy.   I had planned on the long hibernation, so I also fogged the
jugs with anti-seize when I first hung that baby on the engine stand.

John Bricker
76 FJ-55 Safari Grade
all around Phoenix, Az.