Re: [FJ55] Exhaust routing

i have had a couple routings,,, first was stock for 75,,, , next was along the outside of the framerail using the stock head pipe to get me out there and exiting in front of the rear tire.  when i switched to a header i ran the pipe back between the rails, took some doing but i got it between the bellhousing and rubber mount, just under the mounting "arm" if you will (stayed abouve frame) and took it straight back with muffler just before the rear axle and exited between the leaf spring and frame behind the rear wheel. now i am installing a diesel and will go back to the second style i had. will exit the engine bay between the frame rail and firewall, run along the outside of frame and exit right before the rear tire. overall i like this setup the best, it is only slightly more vulnarable than inside the framerails and i never smelled any exhaust there. the current setup is better then all the way at the back of the pig but i still get some fumes once in a while.
hope that helps.