Re: [FJ55] FJ55 Digest, Vol 35, Issue 10

One of my pigs was rerouted a couple of years back, it was just too bad the
exhaust tweakers I dealt with threw out the normal donut type flange and
replaced it with a flat surface-to-surface flange that destroys gaskets and
adds unnecessary stress (anyone have the donut end of an exhaust for an F
engine laying around?).

Mine is routed directly inside the framerails.  The muffler is a little
behind the skid plate, about 2-3" from the floorboard area.  It sits way
higher than the skid and is always out of the way of rock.  Now the rear of
the pipe exits through the leaf spring and directly behind the rear tire.  I
don't smell fumes from this setup but with 1.5" sliders under uncut rear
rockers my exhaust gets smashed all to hell.  I even carry an extra piece of
exhaust tubing at all times because pinching it closed has been so common.
The exhaust is also in the way  if the fuel tank has to be removed.

Jesse Cancel
1969fj55
1977fj55