Re: [FJ55] water pump question.

Hi All:

Be aware that the water pumps that came on the 2F engine are not all the same! They vary for and application (FJ40, FJ55, or FJ60.)

See the Spector Off Road online catalog for more specific info:

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat054.tam?xax=6452&page%2Ectx=cat054%2Etam

Regards,

Alan

Robert Schenker <ris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anybody have an answer to this? Several years ago we had the water
pump fail ('75 F2 motor in 71 truck, connected only to the
alternator--no other accessories). We were forced by circumstances to
have a local service station replace it. Later I discovered that the
pump pulley doesn't perfectly line up with the crankshaft and
alternator pulleys. While it worked fine for a while, eventually the
fan belt began to squeal constantly. It was a tad long, so figuring
that might be contributing, I replaced it with a shorter one, but
that broke after about 2000 miles. I wonder if the 1/2 -1 inch
missalignment might be the cause of the squealing (the pump pulley is
closer to the block than the other pulleys). Also, anyone know the
correct length for the fan belt in this circumstance?

I'm assuming I'll need to get a proper water pump, but I'm not sure
if I'll just be getting the same thing all over again--I don't really
know what sort of pump I've got, although one clue is that there is
an extra water outlet just beneath where the pump shaft comes out of
the casing. My previous pump did not have this.

Bob Schenker