Re: [LCML] VIN wackiness when titling 1974 Pig (Utah/Colorado)

Howdy!  It must have been obvious to the good folks in Utah that the
Pig was such a great and wonderful beast that Toyota just HAD to sell
more than 100,000 units, so they made room for the sixth digit.  Some
old record systems required that you justify numbers to the right, as
though they had a decimal point on the end, and then fill in the
blank spaces with Zeros.  The USAF had a real hissy fit when there
weren't enough zeros on the left side of numbers back in the 60's and
70's.  I remember that I had to go in to work at "0700"( o seven
hundred).     John