[FJ55] fj60 instrument into a fj55

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:47:14 -0700
From: "Elvin Smith" <osuelvin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FJ55] fj60 instrument into a fj55
To: fj55List <fj55@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello all,

I have a parts 60. None of the gauges in my 55 work properly and most don't
work at all.
I was curious if anyone has tried to swap an instrument cluster from a 60
into a 55.
rigs are 82 and a 71 if that makes a difference. I was hoping the cover part
might fit as well.

Any advice?

--
Elvin Smith
Keller Williams Realty

My guess is that no-one had tried. Much easier to swap in another instrument cluster from another 55.

Most likely the gauges are ok. Wiring and grounds are most likely the issues. These gremlins are the most difficult to track down.

I've seem simple things like wires just not connected to burned out wires.

Joe

Joe Mylie

National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council - CT State Representative
TLCA # 6363 Toyota Land Cruiser Association
Yankee Toys
Gotham City Land Cruisers
Connecticut Open Access Land Trust
East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association
Tread Lightly - Tread Trainer
Northeast Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs
My Yard: http://www.yankeetoys.org/jmylie/images/My_Yard/TLC%20002.jpg