Re: [FJ55] gauges

Let me guess, your ammeter works and the fuel, temp, and oil don't work or
work intermittently?  Gauges can go bad on a 55, but not all at once.  I
used to have issues with my gauges, which ended up being related to the plug
that goes to the back of the cluster.  Cleaning the connections and bending
the inner, metal connections to make better contact fixed it.

With respect to the 60 series gauges, of course anything can be done, but
I'd bet the resistance is different on 55 and 60 fuel tank sending units,
which would give you some wacky readings.  I don't see where any issues
would come up in compatibilitly with oil and temp sending units.

,Jesse