Re: [FJ55] Puzzling change-over date small/large tail lights

Willem,

Thanks for the link to the SOR frame numbers!   http://www.sor.com/fj55frame.html

>From this I have done some quick math and posted up what I believe to be Pig production numbers (worldwide): http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=85114

I came up with this:

1967: 39
1968: 1824
1969: 3564
1970: 3990
1971: 5763
1972: 5999
1973: 7409
1974: 8152
1975: 10156
1976: 11572
1977: 13679
1978: 16945
1979: 15508

Total Pig Production: 104,600

That assumes no gaps in frame numbers...

I am a little suspicious of the numbers.  If production kept ramping up, why kill the Pig and have no wagon in production for 3 years?  WHy not build the Pig until the 60 was ready to launch?  WOuld it take that long to switch production lines over?  I doubt it.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had Pig numbers that were sold in the USA by year?  Or can anyone speak to the above numbers?

Thanks,

--
TJS
1978 FJ-40